Certified Youth Fitness Specialist
The aim of this course is to provide fitness professionals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely and effectively work with youth. A physical fitness specialist works to effectively plan, design, implement and monitor safe and effective exercise programs for youth.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8 units.
What Can You Expect To Learn?
- Define physical activity, exercise and physical fitness
- Additional dynamic flexibility movements
- How to measure and track physical fitness levels in children and adolescents
- Strength and cardiovascular development in children and youth.
- The Certified Youth Fitness Trainer Course includes:
- 140 page course manual.
- Online educational videos that go along with the course.
- Children's PAR-Q Screening Form
- Example of Informed Consent for Children
- The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (0.8 CEUs)
- Final Exam*
Recognition: IHFA - INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND FITNESS ASSOCIATION